As an Undergraduate Research Assistant, you will:
- Receive a competitive hourly rate for your work on research projects during the academic year.
- Earn a competitive summer stipend for full-time employment (40 hours per week for 10 weeks) for work on your research project.
- Earn a $250 award when you co-author a journal paper related to your research (upon notice of acceptance).
- Receive funding for travel to attend professional conferences in an area related to your undergraduate research.
- Receive priority consideration for a graduate assistantship if you decide to pursue graduate school.
- Have the opportunity to work on research-related senior design projects.
Application and Requirements:
- Identify a faculty member whose research area interests you. Let them know you are interested in applying to the URA program. The faculty advisor will then submit a short description of the scope of work to the Department Head.
- Undergraduate student applicants must have completed their freshman year.
- Students with a minimum GPA of 3.5 will have priority for an undergraduate research assistant position.
- Accepted students will take at least 3 credits of Directed Research credits with their faculty mentor.
- At the end of each semester or summer, URAs will submit a one-page description of their research accomplishments to the Department Head, and will submit any research products to their faculty advisor.
For more information, contact Dr. Arash E. Zaghi at email@example.com.